Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sometimes I Fall apart..



I have had a hard time the past couple of weeks. I am losing confidence in myself and my career choice. I have wanted to be a nurse since i was a freshman in High School, and let me tell you, I am not the most studious person in the world. School has never been easy for me, I have to try REALLY hard. I am finishing up my pre requisites right now and if I pass i will apply to the nursing program in december..if i pass. I decided to go to do a nursing assistant program this past summer at pima medical institue in hopes of becoming a CNA and getting my foot in the door.  I passed the course with flying colors, but i failed the state test. I FAILED THE STATE TEST. I know it's not the end of the world but I had already been having doubts about being a nurse and that really put a damper on my confidence. I have not worked since may so this brings us to another issue..money. I have none. finding little things to do to earn enough money to put gas in my car is a trial for me and It's making me insecure. I have had interviews for cna jobs but they never work out because for one, I am not certified, and two, I don't have experience. Newsflash employers: how's a girl supposed to get any experience if nobody hires her?!  it's frustrating!! So I was moping around and feeling bad about myself, and then i came across this quote:
"No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love. …
-dieter uchtdorf 
I know I am blessed. I might think my life is hard, but i know there are a whole lot of people out there with much bigger problems then me. I need to be patient and have faith and everything will work itself out. I can do hard things! I just fall apart every once in a while.



3 comments:

  1. If i was a little old lady I would hire you to take care of me and make me laugh all day! And the best part is, my house would always be clean if i had a nurse like you!! Don't worry maddy, it'll all work out!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Madison Brown! You are the coolest Madison I know! Don't give up! You will be great at whatever you do!

    p.s. in high school I used my $3 lunch money to put gas in my car/ it got me from home->school->boyfriends house-> and home again before I'd put the next days $3 of gas in. I look back on it now and smile. tell your dad you need lunch money ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you shannon you are my favorite boyd:) that's a really good idea, i will try it!

    ReplyDelete